Friday, April 27, 2012

Traditional Emirati Dancing

These two videos were taken during the Global Day on campus at the Emirati booth. These are bunch of students and boys dancing in the traditional Emirati dance and singing. The men stand in a line in the back and hold canes that they use to wave around as they sing. Then the men in the front dance with their canes to the music. Very cute! I like the part where they bob their heads. Was very cool to watch, so I wanted to share these videos with all of you!



I am very excited because I was invited to go to an Emirati wedding next weekend. Emirati weddings are HUGE and this one sounds like it will be no less than that. I am very excited and will post a blog about it afterwards. Should be a really amazing cultural experience!

Love you all! I have one other random post in the makings, so I will try to get that up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment